Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pincushion Rings

These cute little pincushion rings are easy to make any sewer would love to have one .
You will need a really good fast grabbing, fast drying glue .I used Beacon 3-in-1 glue, pop twist top,felt,needle, thread,stuffing ,elastic of desired width and any thing you would like to use to decorate your ring with .Something round to use as a pattern to make your circles .I used to lid to a 1 pound peanut butter jar for the large circle and the pop top for the small circle .





Trace and cut one large felt circle.










One small circle of felt



















One, about a 1/2 inch strip with rounded edges the same length as your small circle .I used the small circle pattern  to make the strips rounded edges n length i needed. As shown below.


Cut a strip of felt to go around your pop top with a little extra to overlap and just a bit wider ,mine was almost 3-3/8 of an inch in length





 my width was about 3/8 ths. of an inch.This is just wide enough to cover all the metal of the pop top.



Glue your small felt circle to the bottom of you pop top .I put a thin layer of glue a over the bottom of the pop top as close to the edge as I could get with out going over the sides .This glue can be a bit messy if not careful.









Next I put glue around the side of the pop top and glued my felt strip on .
See how much the metal is covered .




Elastic, I cut it  just lager than my finger and the ends over lap about a 1/4 of an inch .Then glued it to the bottom of pop top ,now covered with the small felt circle . I started at about the center of the felt circle and glued it down as close to the edge as I could pressed it down till the glue grabbed it and it was safe to do the other end without the moving .It took about a minute .Told ya this glue was fast .
Glue the other side, so the ends just meet .

Then I glued my rounded edged strip ,the one I used the small circle pattern to round the edges to cover the elastic ends. Again pressing the edges till the glue took hold ,about a minute .





 I used a needle and thread to sewed all the edges together for strength .






I took my lager felt circle ,baste stitched all the way around about a fourth of an inch from the edge .
  I left the needle attached to the thread to make it easier to knot later.
I pulled the thread tight .It looks kind of like a little cup or bowl.
The needle is still attached .
I filled my little purple bowl like, felt piece with the stuffing.
I filed it as much as I could fit in .

Now I can pull my thread as tight as I can get it with out breaking it ,and made my knot .Now I can remove the needle .
Put a good amount of glue on the inner rim of the pop top and a bit on the inner bottom .

Time to smoosh a bit so it will fit in the pop top 

Now Stuff the swooshed, stuffed felt cup into the felt covered pop top and hold for about a minute till the glue takes hold.
See ,












Should look something like this ,kind of like a cupcake .

I then ,sewed the top in place with very tiny stitches to hold it in place.I used beads,embroidery little tiny tinny silk flowers to decorate mine .
Now you have some sewing Bling .

Don't forget to like my Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment