Monday, November 25, 2013

Candle Cuffs

I didn't have any autumn colored candles this year and really didn't want to spend more money.While I was making my shirt sleeve pumpkins ,I was thinking, as I cut off the shirt cuffs to bad these are so small they would look nice on my candles .Then I decided that's it I'll make some . So, I hit the craft room to see what I had I could use.

this is what I came up with,I found


 roll of ribbon
 ( mine has the wire in it 
but not needed )
you could also use
strips of fabric or paper
scissors
glue                I like to use a
 fast, clear, drying glue 

buttons
push pins
Candles







First measure your candle and add one inch for over lapping n folding .My candle is 9 1/2 inches so I add one inch.So I cut mine 10 1/2 inches, I'm making six cuffs so I cut six .

 Fold over one end about 1/2 inch
I tacked one end of the strip,the messy end, to my candle with glue to make it easier to wrap it around. .





Wrap your strip around your candle
overlap your fold over end over the messy end you tacked with the glue.
Then tack it down.


You can use glue ,a plain push pin 






  or
.
 you can make my button push pins .






Making the button push pin
 is fast .



Cover the top of your push pin with glue




Attach you button



 your done....

 ******Remember to remove cuff before burning your candle ******





No comments:

Post a Comment